At VHP our "No Fail Mission" program is designed to help mentally and physically injured US Veterans to return to the point of health and or capabilities they had prior to their injuries. With both owners of VHP being 100% disabled veterans themselves, and one being medically retired after 21 years, we understand what it takes to reach and remind Veterans of their capabilities. Because of this Veteran to Veteran approach there is an immediate connection that every Veteran is familiar with. That camaraderie with someone who truly understands what they have gone through is welcomed both ways. With over 32 years combined in the SEAL Teams the No Fail Mission was our moto and way of life. It is in our bloodline to win at all cost. We have taken this same mindset and dedicated ourselves to another and perhaps the most honorable of causes... Not failing our Veterans! They are a true No Fail Mission and VHP will be relentless and unwavering in reminding them all that we will never give up on them!
Every session of each day the Veterans going through our No Fail Mission program will be partnered up with and coached by a former Navy SEAL. We believe having that Veteran to Veteran approach is what is missing from so many other programs. VHP is resolute in our dedication and commitment to healing the Veterans of this great nation!
VIRGINIA HIGH PERFORMANCE LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- From a behavioral perspective, the same antidepressant-like effects associated with "runner's high" found in humans is associated with a drop in stress hormones. A study from Stockholm showed that the antidepressant effect of running was also associated with more cell growth in the hippocampus, an area of the brain responsible for learning and memory.
- Exercise stimulates the brain plasticity by stimulating growth of new connections between cells in a wide array of important cortical areas of the brain. Recent research from UCLA demonstrated that exercise increased growth factors in the brainmaking it easier for the brain to grow new neuronal connections.
- A step by step program will be implemented for recovery to include sensory deprivation, massage, acupuncture, pneumatic and wearable compression technology, high and low frequency vibration and fascial stretch techniques.Exercise affects the brain on multiple fronts. It increases heart rate, which pumps more oxygen to the brain. It also aids the bodily release of a plethora of hormones, all of which participate in aiding and providing a nourishing environment for the growth of brain cells.
- Each tactical athlete will undergo a needs analysis to include physical performance enhancement (improved strength, balance, endurance, efficient movement), sleep management, physical and Central Nervous System recovery and nutrition assessment with a registered dietitian.
- All tactical athletes will undergo a full biomechanics assessment to assess and address biomechanics deficiencies by an exercise physiologist.
- Based on the needs and goal of the individual, a training program will be developed and implemented. All aspects of the training programs are overseen by a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS), accredited through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, the worlds governing body for strength and conditioning.
- Each tactical athlete will learn the mechanisms and process of high performance stress management and sleep performance. In this program, a sustainable sleep routine will be developed and monitored.